All the 1970s - 80s Dope Riders, along with other of my comics, are in my anthology Awaiting the Collapse. The comics I've done from 2015 through 2020 are in my new anthology, A Fistful of Delirium. Both are available at www.paulkirchner.com. If you'd like to purchase Dope Rider merchandise, I’ve opened shops on some on-line stores. I have a Dope Rider shop at Red Bubble and have a Dope Rider Store at CafePress.com. Your patronage is most appreciated!

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Dope Rider News!


High Times editor Chris Simunek and art director Frank Max asked me to do a new Dope Rider adventure for the 40th anniversary issue, November 2014. It seemed like a great idea to me, as Dope Rider debuted in the 1st anniversary issue in 1975.  I did a three-page story, "Kukulkan's Kush." It took me about a month, which I admit is slow, but I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. The Dope Rider merchandise at my cafepress store uses some of the images I came up with for the story. I eventually will post it at this site, but you'll be able to find it on your favorite newsstand September 2.

6 comments:

  1. This was my favorite episode of Ghost Rider. Love your work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that the Dope Rider has returned again in the January 2015 issue of High Times. Is this a sign that there will be more Dope Rider updates?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm doing a page a month now. I'm currently working on the April issue and having a lot of fun with it. Thanks for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read the latest installment and loved it. The surrealism and humor are always blended perfectly. Whenever there's enough material to publish a Dope Rider book, I'll be the first one to pre-order.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! I'd like to thank you for Dope Rider. I've had a subscription to High Times mag for about a year now and recently renewed. I always look forward to reading Dope Rider and his recent adventures. Dope Rider is one of the best things about High Times mag for me. Back in the day, marijuana was a mixed bag of recreational and medical use for me. Now, its pretty much mostly medical. And Dope Rider has often been great for my soul. Hope some day there could be a book collecting some of his best adventures that I have missed over the years. I love the art, and am grooving on the Dope Rider. High- Yo Dope Rider, awaaaaaaayyy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Logan, thank you for the kind words! It's great to get some feedback and encouragement. I am working with a French publisher who is planning a collection of my Dope Rider stories (plus some of my other work) but I'm not sure he wants to do an English edition. However, I think we'll put them together eventually.

    ReplyDelete